The transfer of balances contained in a provident fund between accounts was previously cumbersome but has now become much easier. Now when you change jobs you don’t have to move the funds from one account to another physically as was previously the case; all you have to do is initiate an online transfer and the rest will be done for you.
How to Withdraw PF Online Explained on YouTube in Hindi:
Offline Employee Provident Fund Transfer MethodSponsored Links
- Get the account transfer application form
- Among the information, you will be required to submit is that of your present employer
- The application will then be forwarded to the regional Provident Fund office that’s closest.
- The application is then forwarded to the former employer.
- The previous employer then confirms that the information on the application is correct.
- The balance in the Provident Fund is then transferred from the old account to the new one.
How to Transfer EPF Funds Online?
- Visit the EPFO official portal.
- Select EPFO member’s portal.
- Login to the EPFO member’s portal by using your UAN number and password.
- Click the online services option form the main menu.
- Online services window will be displayed now select transfer request option.
- Transfer request window will be displayed which contains your personal details.
- Now it’s time to verify your personal details, once after the verification, choose the option from where you want to transfer the EPF funds.
- For example, if it is the old employer then enter the previous employer details from where you want to transfer the EPF funds by selecting the previous employer. If it is current employer then choose the current employer to transfer the EPF funds from the current employer.
- After entering the details you will get an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Confirm the information provided by entering your OTP.
- After entering the OTP an online EPF transfer will be generated, which you have to take the print and sign it and send the form to your old or current employer.
- Once after the verification your request and your personal detail your old employer or current employer will forward the same to the EPFO office.
Transfer EPF funds online – http://memberclaims.epfoservices.in/Sponsored Links
Rather than the above method, there’s an easier, more convenient and technologically-advanced way – online. But for this to happen an employee has to meet certain requirements. These are:
- The employer has to have the employee’s digital signature.
- The member ID of the employee needs to have been entered in the Employee Provident Fund Organisation database.
How transfer EPF online:
- Visit the website of the Employee Provident Fund : http://memberclaims.epfoservices.in/
- On the index page click the following link: http://memberclaims.epfoservices.in/. If you meet the eligibility criteria you will be able to sign in in order to initiate the transfer.
- Next click on the link ‘Request for Transfer of Funds’.
- After the above steps you will be directed to a page that has the Form-13. On this form enter the provident fund number of your present employer as well as that of your former employer.
- Next will appear details you will need to enter such as the date you joined, the name of a spouse or a parent. This is an authentication procedure meant to prevent fraud.
- Then you will need to click on the link ‘Get PIN’ which will be sent to the cell phone number registered in your name.
- After the application has been submitted a tracking ID will also be generated.
- The filled-out form will need to be printed out. You will then be required to submit it to your employer within a period of 15 days. The employer’s role is to verify that indeed the personal details and the signature are indeed true and not falsified and also that the person presenting them is the genuine one and not an impersonator out to defraud.
- Any updates on the progress and anything else that may be required will be communicated by SMS which will be sent to the mobile phone number registered in the employee’s name.
Once the details have been verified and approved by both the previous employer and the current employer, the provident funds will then be transferred from the old account to the new desired account. This will be done at the local branch office of the Employee Provident Fund Organisation.