The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has begun crediting the interest garnered on its fund investments for this year. After the 229th meeting of the Central Board of Trustees on 20th November where a lot of major decisions were made. The interest rate on the PF account investments was maintained the same as it was at 8.5% for the financial year 2020-2021.
The EPFO began crediting the accounts of the PF account holders after the board meeting. The EPFO has to credit the interest for more than 25 crore accounts of EPFO members. EPFO members can check their PF account balance easily and in 4 easy ways. The 4 methods to check PF account balance are mentioned below:
Missed Call – PF account holders or members of the EPF can check their account balance by just giving a missed call at 011-22901406 from their registered mobile number linked to their UAN (Universal Account Number).Sponsored Links
- Via SMS – EPFO members can check their account balance via SMS too – they only need to text an SMS from their registered mobile number linked to their UAN in the format given below
- Text EPFOHO <UAN> <LAN> to 7738299899
- UAN is the member’s Universal Account Number and LAN is the first 3 letters of choice of language – ENG for English, HIN for Hindi etc.
- The balance message will be available in 9 languages – English, Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Punjabi.
- Umang App – EPFO members can also view their PF account number via the Umang app. Members just need to install the Umang app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and then login using their UAN & OTP sent to their registered mobile number, after logging-in, members can directly view their PF account balance.
- Through EPFO website
EPFO members can check their balance via the EPFO website too
- Head to the official EPFO website at epfindia.gov.in
- Select the ‘Services’ tab and click on the ‘For Employees’ link
- Members must sign-in using their UAN & OTP (One-Time Password)
- After signing-in they can view their account balance in the ‘Member’s Passbook’ section if the UAN has been activated by the employer.