The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has asked employers registered with EPFO to encourage & allow 100% e-nomination of women employees in order for the employer company to be recognised & awarded on International Women’s Day (8th March). As per an EPFO statement tweeted on Twitter, companies which have filed an e-nomination for the months of December 2021 & January 2022 are eligible for this benefit. “We urge all establishments to facilitate 100% eNomination of Women employees and get recognised and rewarded this InternationalWomensDay” – the tweet by the EPFO stated.
Another EPFO tweet reads “On this InternationalWomensDay, we urge Women members to file eNomination and empower family and assure them Social Security.” The EPFO has been encouraging women to file their e-nominations so that the families of working women can avail the benefits and also women EPFO subscribers can receive good interest amount on their retirement & provident funds. EPF subscribers can make changes to their nominations online. An EPF member does not need to request this from their employer; instead, they can update their EPF nominations online through the EPFO UAN portal.
Here’s how an EPF subscriber can add/change their nominee details online through the EPFO website:
- Head to the EPFO official website at – https://www.epfindia.gov.in/
- Go to the ‘Services’ section and select ‘For Employees’ tab
- Login with your registered mobile number/OTP/UAN and password
- Under the ‘Manage’ section, choose ‘e-Nomination’
- Select ‘Yes’ option to update family details & declaration
- Select ‘Nomination Details’ to enter valid fields & declare total amount of share to nominee
- Click on ‘Save Nomination’ after declaration is completed
- Click on the ‘E-Sign’ link to receive OTP on registered mobile number
- You will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on the mobile number linked to your UAN & Aadhaar
- Submit correct OTP, now you have finished the e-Nomination process successfully without any need for physical document or form submission